I can play the tabla, an Indian classical percussion instrument. I am a listener (with no claim to be an expert) of Indian Classical Music in general, and I collect recordings of the same. I am also a fan of fusion music of the Indian subcontinent, especially Coke Studio Pakistan and Nescafe Basement. If you have a collection of Indian Classical Music that you might wish to share in exchange for my collection, please get in touch here.
I read a lot of books but they are from a specific collection of genres, like science fiction, popular science, historical fiction, thrillers and fantasy. Under construction here is a list of books that are my personal favourites and what according to me makes them great.
Since joining college I have become a fan of several webcomics. They are mostly popular ones like xkcd, SMBC, Abstruse Goose, Zen Pencils, and Cyanide and Happiness.
Blogs and Links:
In my random procrastination spells on the Internet, I have often discovered some cool places to hang out, and I will try and provide some non-exhaustive documentation of the same.
- Wait But Why: I couldn't find a better place to start. Long, insightful, extremely well researched posts that make you see the subjects from angles you might not have considered before. All accompanied by cool stick figures. I couldn't recommend any one particular post, but do check them out.
- Radio-Garden: Allows you to listen to radio stations from around the world. The only thing you require is a working Internet connection.
- John Baez's Stuff: Another really cool and awesome website maintained by Physicist-Mathematician John Baez. Some of the stuff he has written about on the linked articles is really really cool. Also worth checking out are his book recommendations for learning Physics and Mathematics.
- The Chicago Undergraduate Mathematics Bibliography: One stop solution for finding reviews of learning material for undergraduate mathematics students.
- The Chicago Undergraduate Physics Bibliography: Same as above, but for Physics instead of Mathematics.